Small(ish) but mighty
Find out what it means to be part of the NewOrbit team.
Why join NewOrbit?
Here are some of the reasons why NewOrbit might appeal:
We love technology and strive to push the boundaries with every project. Everyone in NewOrbit looks outwards to help decide and drive our technical strategy. Our diverse range of clients and projects means a lot of variation in your job.
Grow your career
We like ambitious people, so NewOrbit has a supportive environment and clear career paths to help you achieve your potential. It's not 'one-size-fits-all' here, so there are opportunities to shape your role within the company.
Make an impact
Got fresh ideas? Come and challenge the way we do things. We constantly strive to make a positive difference to our clients, so look for people who own problems and feel personal pride in what they do.
Find out what kinds of projects you might be working on.
What you would work on
We have a variety of projects to sink your teeth into:
Entrepreneurs come to us with a great idea they want to take to the world. We help them clarify what they want, design it, deliver it and live it with them.
Other clients come to us because they aren’t satisfied with off-the-shelf business systems. We work with them to understand the real business problem and deliver a real solution.
We also develop our products that we take to the market directly. These are an opportunity for us to build innovative systems and show the world what we are capable of.
If this has you curious - read about what you get when you join NewOrbit.
What we offer
Being part of NewOrbit is much more than just a salary and holiday allowance:
- Profit Share Scheme - benefit directly from NewOrbit's success
- Private Healthcare - extendible to family members as well
- Free Fruit - have one of your five-a-day on us
- Meals Out - we don't need much of an excuse to get together for post-work pints or pub lunches
- Outdoor Gym & Ping-Pong - enjoy some fresh air and a well-earned screen break
- Activity Days & Weekends - whether it's lasertag or weekends on the coast, we like to get together and let our hair down
- The Right Equipment - tailor your set up with a SSD laptop, up to 3 monitors and your choice of accessories
- Up to Date Tools - we embrace the latest versions of the software we use to do our day job
- Top-spec Aeron chair – the Rolls-Royce of desk chairs so you are nice and comfy as you work
Like the sound of all of that? Take a look at our current openings.
Want to work with us but don't see your position listed? We’re always interested to hear from driven developers, project managers, business analysts, support consultants and UX&D specialists, even if we aren’t actively hiring right now.
Interested? You could be only a contact form away.
Web Application Developer
Location Chalgrove, Oxford (OX44)
Salary £25-35K, dependent on experience
Job Type Full-Time, Permanent
Are you looking to expand your experience within a technology-focused software company? Here at NewOrbit, we believe in helping developers grow, whether they are brand-new or seasoned coders. Right now, we are looking for developers who feel ready for a new challenge and to move on from their first job or two.
Work with us to:
- Grow your career: Our supportive environment and clear career paths help you thrive. NewOrbit provide access to Pluralsight on-demand training and share knowledge within the team through brown bags & coding sessions.
- Stay interested: We genuinely love technology, welcome innovation and stay at the forefront so things are never stagnant. NewOrbit actively encourage side projects and experimentation and provide MSDN Azure credits that you can use for whatever you like.
- Have an impact: Our driver is to make a positive difference to our clients and the team, so we look for people who own problems and feel personal pride in what they do. We rely on everyone in the team to look outwards and help decide and drive our technical strategy. Got fresh ideas? Come in and challenge the way we do things.
Our stack is primarily .Net and C# on the backend with Angular or React on the front-end, though we do have variations on that. NewOrbit host everything on Azure, using a wide range of the available technologies. We’re a Microsoft Gold Partner, working very closely with Microsoft and on new Azure technologies before they are released to the general public.
- Communication – NewOrbit have a strong focus on team-work so you should be able to work well as part of a wider development team, as well as project teams to deliver client needs on time and to budget.
- Organisation – Time management, ownership and self-motivation are important as you’ll be given opportunities to work independently and be responsible for your own development projects.
- Agile - NewOrbit use Agile (specifically Scrum and Kanban) software development methods, so you should be able to understand and utilise these approaches (or be keen to learn).
Overview & Responsibilities
- Work as part of a small project team where everyone is involved in the planning and execution of the work.
- Carry out code reviews and submit your own pull requests to be reviewed by the team.
- Handover your developed user stories to the project Requirements Manager for acceptance testing.
- Continually look at & assess new technologies and patterns.
- Engage with clients as required to clarify requirements and deliver back user stories.
- Participate in technical design and planning.
Interested? Please send us your CV and any useful links you might have (stackoverflow, github, open source projects) using the contact form.
You’ll be asked to complete two really short programming questions – you can do it in whatever programming language you like and should only take you about 10-15 minutes. It might seem a bit impersonal doing this first, but it gives us a good feel for your thought processes behind your coding.
The next step is a short telephone call with one of our Principal developers – so they can have a quick chat about what you are interested in and your past experience.
If that all goes well, you’ll be invited to come meet some of the team in our Chalgrove office. We’ll talk more about the role and how you can contribute. Expect a mixture of technical and non-technical questions, with some programming or technical design.
You’ll then get feedback on our decision – we might even make you an offer then and there. Look forward to hearing from you!
Location Chalgrove, Oxford (OX44)
Salary £32-42K, dependent on experience
Job Type Full-Time, Permanent
NewOrbit are looking for a Business Analyst to make their mark on a varied range of exciting, highly-scalable, cloud hosted web applications.
We are looking for someone who can understand complex business problems across multiple different industries, often with little domain knowledge. You should thrive on the challenge of turning complicated, unclear business issues and ideas into a comprehensive functional design.
Everything we do is tailored to our individual clients and therefore no two projects are the same, which means a lot of variation in your job.
Overview & Responsibilities
- Working with customers to elicit the information needed to ensure the requirement is understood.
- Managing the client to the right solution, questioning and challenging them where required.
- The ability to put clarity and structure around concepts that are vague and undefined and documenting them using user stories and use cases.
- Being able to design a functional solution for both enhancements to existing systems and brand new systems.
- Help shape and manage customer product direction, by understanding their business objectives and ensuring the product has the right functionality at the right time to achieve them.
- Representing the customer internally and managing the development team to ensure the right thing is delivered.
- Accepting the requirements out of development and reviewing to ensure they will meet the agreed scope on behalf of the customer.
- Managing the customer’s feedback whilst preventing scope creep.
- Understanding and utilising Agile (specifically Scrum and Kanban) software development methods.
- Assessing current internal processes to ensure continued business improvement.
- Drive to make a positive difference to our clients, their systems and the people who interact with them, so we look for people who own problems and feel personal pride in what they do.
- Flexibility and initiative to get stuck in with tasks that might not necessarily fit within the “core” job description.
- An appetite for technology and for how it can be used to solve everyday problems.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn.
Interested? Please send us your CV and any useful links you might have using the contact form.
The next step would be a short telephone interview so that the we can understand what you are interested in and your past experience.
If that all goes well, you’ll be invited to come meet us in our Chalgrove office. You’ll meet our Head of Business Analysis and Delivery Manager and complete a role play scenario as well as further discussion around your skills, experience and interests.
You’ll then get feedback on our decision - we might even make you an offer then and there.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Tell us about you
We've told you all about NewOrbit, now let us know more about you and we can start the ball rolling.
(Recruiters please note all details submitted through this page are considered gifted to us. Please use our dedicated recruiter page instead. No response means no interest - so please, no spam.)
Have a project?
Want to contact us about a potential project, or have a general enquiry about our services? We have a contact form just for you.